EXTENDED TO JUNE 3rd 2018
The exhibition showcases 60 masterpieces of the artist, deemed among the most representative founders of Impressionism. The canvases come from Musée Marmottan Monet Paris and constitute Monet’s most beloved pieces, originally kept in his last Giverny household and later donated by his son Michel to the Museum.
The show, whose curator is Marianne Mathieu Marmottan Museum’s assistant director, goes over the evolution of Monet’s career, from his very first works, the famous caricatures to the rural and urban landscapes of London, Paris, Vetheuil, from the portraits of his children to the canvases devoted to the flowers, the weeping willows and the dazzling colours of his garden, where the painter drew continuous inspiration. The celebrated garden series of water lilies has in fact born right in the garden of his Giverny home along the shores of the little lake where the artist built a Japanese bridge, a sort of secret garden where he spent the last days of his life.
The visitor is guided by animated projections of Monet’s most famous artworks which simulates a walk along flowers and water lilies so dear to the painter.
Among the masterpieces on display are: Portrait de Michel Monet bébé (1878), Water lilies (1916-1919), The Roses (1925-1926), and Londres. Le Parlement. Reflets sur la Tamise (1905).
- Ala Brasini – Complesso del Vittoriano- entrance from Fori Imperiali side
- Monday to Thursday 9.30 am > 7.30 pm
- Friday and Saturday 9.30 am > 10.00 pm
- Sunday 9.30 am > 8.30 pm
- Last entry one hour before the closing time
- € 15,00 (audioguide included)
- € 13,00 (audioguide included – over 65 years old with document; youngsters from 11 to 17; students up to 25 years with document)
- € 7,00 (children from 4 to 10)
- € 10,00 (booking required, mandatory microphone equipment, min 15 max 25 people)
- € 5,00 (booking required, min 15 max 25, mandatory microphone equipment only for Secondary School)
- € 17,00 + € 1,50 booking fee (audioguide included, allows the entry to the exhibition without needing to hold the date and time and without waiting times. The ticket will be valid from the 4th day after the purchase until the end of the exhibition. The ticket can be purchased at the ticket office of the exhibition or online (http://www.ticket.it/dettaglio_prodotto.php?id=1). The open ticket should be changed at the ticket office in the day of the visit.
Guided tours (admission not included, booking required, mandatory microphone equipment, min 15 max 25 people):
- Guided tours for schools € 80,00
- Guided tours for schools in foreign language € 90,00
- Guided tours for groups € 100,00
- Guided tours for groups in foreign language € 110,00
MANDATORY MICROPHONE EQUIPMENT:
- Groups € 30,00
- Schools € 15,00
BOOKING FEE :
- Groups and Individual: € 1,50 per person
- Schools: € 1,00 per student
- T +39 06 87 15 111